Saturday, February 26, 2011

Easy Dreamy Coconut Ice Cream, 3 ingredients

I am tired of winter. REALLY, really tired of it. I have seen enough snow, sleet, and ice. This is my cure...

So last night I was on baking kick, making the Espresso Chocolate Chip Shortbread. So, I needed ice cream to go with my short bread, naturally. There just were two problems.
1) I was much to lazy to go back to the store for ice cream
2) I don't own an ice cream maker.

What I do own is a great loaf pan. I mixed up a batch of this 3 ingredient ice cream and poured it into the loaf pan. After the mixture set (about 4 hours for me) I used a fork to fluff it up like you would rice and put in back into the fridge for the night.

I chose Coconut because I need something that reminds me of warm days on a sunny beach.
Easy Dreamy Coconut Ice Cream

1 cup milk
1 (15 ounce) can cream of coconut (find in drink mix aisle)
1 ½  cups heavy cream

1. Combine the milk, cream, and cream of coconut in the container of a food processor or blender, and mix thoroughly.
2. Add in flaked coconut if desired or mini chocolate chips. Or if its been that kind of week, both :)

Pour mixture into a loaf pan and freeze 24 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment