Friday, February 25, 2011

Purex Crystals, the new fabric softener

I got a surprise in the mail today. The UPS man showed up with a package for moi. I know, exciting right! I found out a while ago that I was a selected to a Purex Insider. I wasn't expecting a welcome package, but that's what I got. Guess what I was in the middle of today? Did you say loads of laundry, you got it!


Inside the box was a sample bottle of the fabric softener crystals. I immediately tore into it and added it to my next load of laundry. I always use fabric softener on my clothes. That does make it a hassle when I have to set aside my sports/ workout clothes, towels, and the kids pajamas. All have to be washed separately without softener because it effects their ability to wick away water and keep kids clothes fire retardant. That's because most fabric softener is oil based.

With the Purex Crystals I tossed my gym clothes in with the normal load. Because the Crystals are 92% natural they are not oil based and won't adversely effect your clothes. WIN! That is at least one less load of laundry I have to do. Don't you have better things to do? I know I do.

I am hooked. I was able to add it directly to the load when I started it. I don't have to wait (and then forget about) the rinse cycle to add the softener. Again, saving me time. I know this will be a staple in my laundry room.

Pros:
easy to use
extends life of clothes
keeps clothes fresh for weeks
natural products not oil based

Cons:
It did have a strong small out of the bottle but when it came out of the washer the sent was very light
It is on the expensive side at over $5 at my Walmart

*I am a Purex Insider. That means that I am able to test new products (at no cost) out before they get to you the consumer. I am honest, some say brutally so. I will not give a good review unless that is how I truly feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment