Sunday, March 6, 2011

flappers and whiskey

Last night was a dear friends 40th Birthday Party. Her chosen theme: 1920's speakeasy.

Being the good friend that I am I completely forgot about it until the morning of. People, I've had at least two months notice. I even had a sticky note on my bathroom mirror to remind me. And.I.FORGOT. So, naturally I panicked. 

I don't have a flapper costume or a Gatsby-esqe gown hanging in the back of my closet. I went to the local costume shop and looked around. they had several cute dresses. I gathered them up and tried them on. Apparently they are made for size 0 only. Fine, I got a frappachino to ease my pain and went to the fabric store. I was going to make own damn flapper costume with matching headband. And I did. Cute huh?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are one talented girl. What a fantastic job you did! I wish I knew how to sew.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete