Saturday, December 3, 2011

It's hot in the kitchen

It is cold here. I don't want to go outside, or the grocery store, or in the office to find my phone for delivery.

What I do want is lunch. I always have food on the brain so it helps to satisfy that craving at least 4-5 times a day. My favorite lunch at present is a big plate of roasted veggies. Hey, it keeps me warm with the oven going for 40 minutes! Since there is minimal oil and it "is" veggies, I feel good about myself and my healthy plate of food. yeah right!

I use what I have in the house. This week it has been: asparagus, potatoes, and mushrooms.

Recipe:
1 large russet potatoe, diced  into 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 cup asparagus, sliced into 2 inch pieces
1/4 cup mushrooms, rough chop
1.5 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon steak seasoning

Preheat the oven to 425*F.
Chop up your veggies and put into a bowl.
Pour olive oil and spices over veggies.
toss to coat.
bake for 35-40 minutes based on your oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment