Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SNOW; love it or hate it, I have it

It began snowing here on Sunday night and it finally stopped entirely last night. We have a few inches on the ground and plenty of ICE. We didn't go anywhere yesterday and stayed warm inside playing with a fire in the fireplace.

I love snow, I always have. It is beautiful and I think the world looks calmer and more peaceful when covered in snow. Here is the kicker. I can't leave the house once it starts snowing. I am white knuckles scared of driving in the snow. I simply don't go anywhere, make do with what I have and constantly maintain a supply of hot chocolate. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

But on the 26th of December we had to take the kids back to their mother in Raleigh. Going threw the mountains and driving in snow just about put me off snow for life. It was a foot deep, one lane that was clearly not the "lane" and we were driving on packed snow and ice. I believe I cried, yelled, and prayed hard. And then it started snowing again. Sigh, at least I am home now.

No comments:

Post a Comment