Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A lazy girls Red Sauce

It is snowing, again. It is snowing hard, again. I am comforting myself with carbs and butter on this lazy day.

I always have a package of Buitoni mushroom filled pasta in my freezer. It cooks in minutes and always satisfies my craving love of pasta. Today I wasn't in the mood for a mere drizzle of olive oil. Nope today I needed Red Sauce! But-- I already told you I was being lazy, so what gives? I have a simple recipe for the sauce that comes together quick and is super versatile.

Lazy Red Sauce
1 14.5oz tin of tomato puree
1/4 cup water
3 teaspoons olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
pinch of sugar
handful of Parmesan cheese

I combine all of the ingredients in that order in a sauce pot and let it simmer for 10 minutes with a splatter screen over it. Its done, go eat some pasta.
By the way, it usually keeps about 3 days in the fridge and a few months in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment