Saturday, February 12, 2011

Still saving swagbucks


Like a lot of you I saved my swagbucks and cashed out for Amazon Gift Cards $5 last year. I banked them in my Amazon account, watching it grow...slowly. When December rolled around I made a list of gifts to give and went shopping on Amazon. I was able to pay for it entirely with my gift card balance. Thank goodness in the current economic climate.

But this year I am trying something else. My sweetie is putting money into a Christmas fund at the bank. I am using my earnings from another site to receive pay-pal and that goes into savings. What about the swagbucks? Those are now covering the little expencese that crop up along the way.

I need new measuring spoons. I have bought the cheep, plastic $5 sets at least four times in the last two years. This time I am investing about $25 in a stainless steal magnetic set that will last a lifetime. It is a bigger invest meant (yes, even at $25) up front but in the long haul worth it. That is where we are directing swagbucks this year. We want to use it to offset buying a more expensive investment item than the cheapest thing we can get away with using. I will keep you posted on the shopping!

If you are new to Swagbucks I highly suggest you look it over and sign up. Here's why--->
It’s a fun site that gives you “Swag Bucks” for doing things like searching the web, doing surveys, shopping, and voting in polls.  These Swag Bucks can be redeemed for all manner of swag: books, magazines, jewelry, movies, sports cards, music, gift cards, and lots more. ***I’ve also tipped my hand as to what the best deal on gift cards from Swag Bucks is:  Amazon gift cards.  They’re only 450 SB for a $5 Amazon code.

No comments:

Post a Comment