Saturday, April 30, 2011

a season of changes

On April 15 2011 the most important man in my life passed away, my dad. I was always following him around as a child, desperate to help in any activity he was currently occupied with. I learned to work on cars, fix anything, and have great times with anyone.

My father never met a stranger and that was never more true at his funeral, I have never seen so many people packed into a chapel. The loss of his larger than life personality has left a gaping wound in me. It aches.

I called this man after every test, every goofball move I made. I was mad at The Boyfriend he was my first call, if I was excited about a job, he was my first call. And just between you and me, he was the only person I ever drunk dialed... a lot.

I got back to Nashville with only one of classes left. My heart isn't in it, but I won't throw the semester away. I am looking forward to a month off so I can stay in bed with the sheets over my head like I want to. In July we are headed to England so The Fella can do research. I promised to get my ever enlarging behind out of London and see the rest of the country while he is at Kew.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry :( My heart goes out to you. May you always remember your dad with lots of happy memories.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete