Monday, May 9, 2011

thereapy in the dirt

I have been putting most of my short attention span into gardening. Its been going pretty well. After my father passed I was overwhelmed with a desire to return to the "normal". I wanted to be back on my routine schedule, going to the same places, seeing the same people. And for the most part that meant getting back into my classes. Well, oops! That ended last Thursday. What is a girl to do?

She breaks out the cute tools and gloves and starts playing in the dirt. I haven't got much of a spot for gardening. In fact I only have a second story balcony. You know I would let something like physics or two flights of stairs get in my way (errrm, the fellas way). I have been putting my extra energy in flowers and herbs. Nurturing is therapy right now, thinning out plants is therapy, enjoying nights on the balcony surrounded by my creations is therapy.

This has actually been more of a challenge than I thought. Most of the balcony is in complete shade. A small corner is full sun. Practically no in-between. I am attempting to grow mint in complete shade. I think it might just work because the summers are so hot here. Other than that, just winging it every single day.

1 comment:

  1. You are doing the right thing daaahling, keep yourself occupied.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete